AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Nonprofits with multiple NTEE codes...some kosher, some not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We manage a few dozen Google Ad Grants accounts and are adding them very quickly. I know that some NTEE codes are forbidden, but what I've always wondered is this: When a nonprofit has multiple NTEEs, and let's say one of them is E22 (Hospital), but four other of its NTEEs aren't forbidden...how does the decision go in that case? Is the application nixed because *one* of the codes is prohibited, or is the application accepted because several good NTEE classifications are there as well?

Knowing how this works would greatly improve our process. We'd like to be able to tell nonprofits in the above scenario that they're likely to be denied up front if they have a scarlet-letter NTEE code and not build their hopes up; at the same time, we don't want to be too grim and assure them they aren't eligible when in fact they may be.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

Best,

Josh Barsch

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Nonprofits with multiple NTEE codes...some kosher, some not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Joshua,

Most nonprofits are listed under multiple NTEE category codes. Nonprofit hospitals are great examples of those organizations that may have multiple NTEE codes - however, they are still a hospital and as such are not eligible. So yes, the application is denied even though only one of their NTEE category codes matches an ineligible category.

Re: Nonprofits with multiple NTEE codes...some kosher, some not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert, much appreciated!