4.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Nonprofits account approved, Adwords campaign setup - can't enrol in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm writing from a charity trying to set up adwords grant. I've gone through all of the advised steps, but have hit a wall (please see screenshot above). Although I have a nonprofits account and have set up an adwords campaign, when it comes to enrol for 'Google Ad Grants' the enrol button does not appear. All I can see is Status:Approved and a link for 'Get started with Adwords Express'

Does anyone know how I can enrol? It's possible that an agency has done this in the past. 

All best,

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your Ad Grants account.

If you are trying to set up a new Ad Grants account through AdWords Express (i.e. you don't already have an Ad Grants account), you will need to follow the detailed instructions in the account creation guide. Not following each step in the instructions or not using the button in that guide to start the account can cause issues with your account set-up and approval.

I'm not sure from your description exactly where you're stuck in the process, but if you can refer to the guide I linked and let me know more details, I can try to help guide you through it.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Thank you for coming back. It appears an agency has set up google grants in the past and then stopped running it. I want to start it up again. 

- I now have an approved adwords account and in the Google for Nonprofits, on which I'm now an admin, the dashboard it is showing as approved

- I have the error message: "Your account isn't active - to activate your account and start running ads, enter your billing information." 

How do I start running the campaign again? I have tried going in and accepting billing terms and conditions but just get rejected due to not filling out fields.

Many thanks,

Dan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie, 

I never heard back from you (or anyone else) on this. Please could you help me?

Daniel