4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Nonprofit payment method

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We were approved for the google grant and i got an email saying my ad is live but there have been no searches, clicks or impressions. When i log in to my adwords express, it says my account is inactive because i need a payment method. I was under the impression that no billing would take place since we have the grant. Can anyone help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Nonprofit payment method

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@LIV 1

Do this, go to the billing section and accept terms and conditions. DO NOT enter any billing information - just accept T&Cs.

Let me know the results.

Also, in the billing section it should show "This Account Not Billed" or something similar. Let me know if it reads something different.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Once you've submitted your application, you'll receive an email from the team with your status within about 5 business days.

Note: In your account, you might see notifications asking you to submit billing information. Do not submit billing information at any time or you will have to create a new account and will be financially responsible for any charges that accrue on your credit card.

Below is the link for your reference. 
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Robin

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Do not add any billing information under any circumstances. It will ask for it, but if you do that then that account will not qualify for the grant and you will have to make a new one. If you were approved recently, you may have to give it a day or two. Make sure that you have followed these instructions precisely: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en Otherwise you need to start anew and re-apply. At least if you have been approved, there is no reason you shouldn't be approved again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@LIV 1

Do this, go to the billing section and accept terms and conditions. DO NOT enter any billing information - just accept T&Cs.

Let me know the results.

Also, in the billing section it should show "This Account Not Billed" or something similar. Let me know if it reads something different.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you! I was just about to call Google about the terms. I actually had to call them yesterday because something wasnt correct in our account. They had to re-enroll us in the adwords program but then today it asked for the terms and I wasnt sure if I should accept. Thank you so much for your help but it looks like its all good now!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Chris,
Thanks for your answer above. Long story, but a credit card was attached to the ad grant acct and now we cannot tie (access) the grant money to the acct. Perhaps Google thinks it's a commercial account, now? Spent an hour+ on phone with Google, no help.

So, when you say start anew and reapply, do you mean the entire Google for Nonprofits application, or just re-enrolling into adwords? I am afraid if I reapply for the grant, I will be declined since the nonprofit was previously approved. Alternatively, if I simply re-enroll in adwords, would creating a new gmail address for the nonprofit be enough to start anew? I wonder how that works since the email used for the grant approval is associated with the acct that is messed up. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am in same situation. Have read the above and will report back. So status is .. got Google NonProfit. Went to Adwords. Created Campaign and Ad Group and Keywords, got screen asking for payment details and just ticked accept terms and conditions. Now I wait and see what happens. Will give it a week.

Tricia, from what I read, by entering payment details you will need to re-create a new adword account. I hope not the whole process, just a new adword account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip! I had the same issue, but when I got to the billing page, I accepted the terms and conditions, didn't fill anything else out, and it wouldn't let me submit because it required the billing info (all the boxes went red). I tried it as a Canadian organization and this happened. Tried it as if I was from the US and had the same problem. Any helpful hints?

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Outreach C

The majority of time when the enter billing prompt can not be bypassed it is because of one of two reasons:

1) the user did not start the process from the proper 'Get Started' link in the Account Creation Guide. 

2) during account creation the user hit the "continue to billing" instead of the "skip billing" link

To avoid recreating the account from scratch, you may try to download the account into AdWords Editor and complete the account creation process there, being sure to follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and then you can upload the account back to AdWords and then complete the account submission process as listed in step 4 of the Account Creation Guide.

If downloading to Editor does not work, then you will have to start over from scratch following the steps exactly as outlined in the Account Creation Guide.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much! I'll try this.