Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Nonprofit and charity status organisation refused

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm writing here for a nonprofit organisation that i'm helping.
I had submit the form for Ads Grants twice but the organisation was rejected because the "charity status" was not "identified" (it's the answer in the email from Google Ads Grants).
The organisation is french and I think it's because there is specific status (not law 1901). In fact, the association is based in Alsace and the law 1901 status doesn't exist. Instead of it, there nonprofit status known as "association de droit local" (could be translated as "local right association" or "local law association"). But it's near of law 1901 and the nonprofit conditions are the same...
So, is there a way to explain this to Google Ads Grants team (I tried to explain it in the form but it seems that it was not read).

Thanks in advance for answers.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Nonprofit and charity status organisation refused

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pullseo R,
The charity statuses that Google accepts for the Ad Grants program are very specific due to legal reasons. I am afraid that your client has to be listed 1901 to be able to be accepted in Grants. Any other charity status will not be approved. (No exceptions.)

Keep in mind, it is not just that they are a nonprofit/charity, it is also that they are a specific type of nonprofit/charity. The same applies to nonprofits in the US, where only 501(C)(3) charities are able to apply and even then, some of those are ineligible.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Pullseo,

Have you read he requirements to take advantage of Google Grants?? It is necessary requirement should be completed. Take a look below...

1. Hold a valid charity status for your country
2. Have a website that promotes your organization
3. Do not use revenue generating advertisements on your website, such as the ones from Google AdSense
4. Atleast you have website.

Last and very important ....as per google policy Grant submission normally takes up to 6 months for approval. Wait for few more days

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We have  a Grats TC in our community. Let me ping him

@RobertCoats 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Shanea K (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pullseo R,
The charity statuses that Google accepts for the Ad Grants program are very specific due to legal reasons. I am afraid that your client has to be listed 1901 to be able to be accepted in Grants. Any other charity status will not be approved. (No exceptions.)

Keep in mind, it is not just that they are a nonprofit/charity, it is also that they are a specific type of nonprofit/charity. The same applies to nonprofits in the US, where only 501(C)(3) charities are able to apply and even then, some of those are ineligible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all your answers...
But I have to repeat myself (and it will be interesting that Google updates its requirements) : all associations (without exceptions) based in Alsace and Moselle (one region and one department in France) are not registered as "law 1901" and cannot registering as "law 1901".

These associations are "local right associations" (just because of the Headquarter's adress). It's equal to "law 1901" but with a different name. It's too bad that Google doesn't accept it because the assocation that I help is fulfilling all the requirements and need more visibility. Even more : this association is non profit, medical and is recognize by french institutions as "public utility" since 2011.

So, can I hope that Google Ads Grants Team will think about it or not ?

Thanks again.