Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

NonProfit Status

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My non-profit, tax-exempt research organization, The Syria Institute, is trying to register with google as a non-profit to use their AdGrants tool (which we qualify for), but upon applying I received the following rejection email:

"We regret to inform you that your application for The Syria Institute has not been approved. We were unable to verify the charity status of your nonprofit organization. In order to qualify for the Google for Nonprofits program, your organization must be listed in the Internal Revenue Service’s online searchable database of charitable organizations."

We do qualify and I do not understand why we are not being accepted. I have spent 2 hours on the phone at this point and no one can help me. Please call or email at: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> to tell me how this can be remedied. 

Thank you,

Danielle Giacchetti

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: NonProfit Status

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Anya G

Looking at the Guidestar profile for The Syria Institute, it does not have a full NTEE Category Code listed and an NTEE category code would be required for proper determination of eligibility. You may use Guidestar's link to Update Your Guidestar Profile to add a full and relevant NTEE Category code. After that has been done and the updated information posted to your Guidestar profile, you may reapply to Google For Nonprofits.