AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Non profit adword account not activated for billing info?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our non profit was approved for an adwords grant and our initilal ad was aproved but our account is not active as they are asking for billing information. It is my understanding that NO billing information is needed for an approved non profit org. Need advice on how to activate the account.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Non profit adword account not activated for billing info?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marilyn,
Although rare, it can take up to 3 days before the "enter billing" message disappears.

If it has been over 3 days, then it is likely something else - did you submit the account to the Grants team for review as outlined in step 3 of the Account Creation guide? https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en&rd=1

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Non profit adword account not activated for billing info?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marilyn,
Although rare, it can take up to 3 days before the "enter billing" message disappears.

If it has been over 3 days, then it is likely something else - did you submit the account to the Grants team for review as outlined in step 3 of the Account Creation guide? https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en&rd=1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marilyn and Robert,

I have the same problem. I am submitted as a non-profit (approved in Techsoup) but the status is still shown as inactive. I get the message:

"Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. "

The currency is in USD and I don't have billing information. 

The status is already like this for more than a week.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Peter L

Once your AdWords account is created, you still need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

• Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
  • Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  • Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
  • Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctlyIf you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
  • Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
  • Click ‘Enroll’.