2.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Non Profit Rejected

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

non profit with 501c3 was rejected and I'm not sure why? I am able to find them on the IRS website - this is response from Google -

Your organization's primary mission, as recorded by the Internal Revenue Service, did not meet our eligibility guidelines. To learn more, please refer to our eligibility guidelines at https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danny G
April 2016

Re: Non Profit Rejected

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Danny G

Their Guidestar profile has them listed under the NTEE category code of Elementary, Secondary Ed (B20) - which is a category type that is ineligible for the Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) program. If that category code does not properly reflect the mission of the organization I would recommend that they update the category code through Guidestar and then reapply.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Eligibility criteria is already been defined by Google and it varies from country to country.

Probably @RobertCoats might have some additional thoughts around it.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
They are a US Based non profit and seem to meet the requirements in the documentation.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Danny G

The following are NOT eligible:

• Governmental entity or organization
  • Hospital or health care organization
  • School, childcare center, academic institution, or university (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). 

Without more information about your client that is really about as much information I can provide you as to why they were not approved.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Name of non profit is - Josiah Rich Ministries - 68-0411120, it is for a project called operationblanket - Operation Blanket is devoted to passionately providing new blankets for homeless children and their families
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Danny G
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Danny G

Their Guidestar profile has them listed under the NTEE category code of Elementary, Secondary Ed (B20) - which is a category type that is ineligible for the Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) program. If that category code does not properly reflect the mission of the organization I would recommend that they update the category code through Guidestar and then reapply.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Amazing @RobertCoats thanks so much for the information. I'll check with the client and see if this classification is what they intended. Thank you so much for your help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@RobertCoats, I have had the info changed in Guidestar, http://www.guidestar.org/profile/68-0411120 and went back to their google account and clicked "reapply" - It took a couple of seconds and denied it again for the same reason. i'm not 100% sure it did a full review as the first time took a day to respond. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Danny G

The Ad Grants team is saying that they have been approved already.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
thank you very much