AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

New webpage related to the campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

We are currently opening our first AdGrants campaign. We are opening a new webpage for one of our programs (Mahis) and would like to redirect the search to this new webpage: current webpage is www.nuortenakatemia.fi/mahis (the webpage which is used in our application), the new one is www.mahis.info (the content and the owner of the page is the same). Is it ok to use the www.nuortenakatemia.fi/mahis address even if it redirects directly to www.mahis.info?

Thanks!

Katerina, Nuorten Akatemia

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: New webpage related to the campaign

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for posting!

The ad policy is quite definite about this one - your ad's display URL must match the destination URL. As such, the display URL of your ad will have to be www.mahis.info if that is the URL that people will land on when they click on your ad. If you put www.nuortenakatemia.fi/mahis as the display URL, but when people click on your ad they actually go to www.mahis.info, your ad will be disapproved. 

More information about this policy can be found here: http://goo.gl/WOSKD .

I hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Katerina,

Thanks for posting!

The ad policy is quite definite about this one - your ad's display URL must match the destination URL. As such, the display URL of your ad will have to be www.mahis.info if that is the URL that people will land on when they click on your ad. If you put www.nuortenakatemia.fi/mahis as the display URL, but when people click on your ad they actually go to www.mahis.info, your ad will be disapproved. 

More information about this policy can be found here: http://goo.gl/WOSKD .

I hope this helps! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

In addition to +RachelM's excellent response, keep in mind the Ad Grants only allows for the promotion of a single website domain name. https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1657899?hl=en

The Ad grants team does recognize that many nonprofits have programs with individual websites so while you can not promote www.mahis.info with your Google Ad Grant you can promote www.nuortenakatemia.fi/mahis and then talk about mahis.info and then link over to it.

IF your full program has moved over to mahis.info and that is your new website domain then there is information in the link I provided above on what to do if your organization is changing websites.