AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

New ad grant member, question on billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My nonprofit just got accepted to ad grants, we set it up last night and we are running 2 campaigns in adwords express with a monthly budget of $5000/each. When I look at the campaign dashboard I noticed that it says amount spent $64.xx and then when I go into billing  it says "this payment account is not billed" but has a $8.67 amount under transactions. When I then go to billing settings it says "This account is a non billable account" but then has a "Payments account ID" number and a payments profile ID listed.

Before I get a month in and end up with a 10,000 charge or bill, I want to verify that this is indeed what should appear in these places and Ad Grants is indeed in place and will cover it.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

As long as you have a Google Ad Grant account active, they cover the advertising costs... which is why it says "this payment account is not billed."

Congratulations and best wishes,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ! I am setting up a Google Adwords account and had a question concerning the billing:

I did all the set up for the ads but it says in your guide that the ads should be running to request google adgrants.

Do i have to enter credit card information so the campaigns are?

Will I be charged for the period between the launch of my campaign and my AdGrant approval ?

Thanks !

Re: New ad grant member, question on billing

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

This is step by step by step account creation guide. Account current should be USD irrespective of location and country

https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506?hl=en

You should not enter billing information and ignore the billing error.

https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en

Follow the policy and make sure you meet all the policy.

https://support.google.com/grants/topic/3500093?hl=en&ref_topic=3500091,3500123,3540513,

Make sure that your account meets all of the account setup criteria before you submit your account for review.

• In the top-right corner of your account, locate your account ID by clicking the person icon. Your AdWords account ID is in the format of xxx-xxx-xxxx.
    • Select the checkbox for Ad Grants enrollment and submit your account ID.

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, unfortunately I did not see this part and entered a credit card and cannot remove it now.

Do I need to recreate a new account ?

LEMONDE STRATÉGIE inc
lemondestrategie.com
160 rue St-Viateur Est, studio 221 | H2T 1A8
514 224 0103

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Make a new email...add the new email in this account as administrator and
then log out...then login with your new email and delete you old email...

So your old email get free and then cancel the AdWords account with new
email.

After everything, create AdWords account with old email and don't enter
billing.

Sunil, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile  Rmotive Services
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Lou T

Yes, you will have to create a new account. Once billing information has been entered into an AdWords account it can no longer be used as an Ad Grants account.