AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

My nonprofit is an umbrella org that operates 4 sites -can we use the grant advertise for all 4?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our nonprofit organization is an umbrella organization that operates/manages four websites for four very different business units. Can I use our grant to advertise for all four? A good example of the structure would be TJX which operates TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, and Sierra Trading Post. Our organization with the nonprofit status is akin to TJX, but the advertising needs to be for the individual branded entities.

1 Expert replyverified_user

My nonprofit is an umbrella org that operates 4 sites -can we use the grant advertise for all 4?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Erika!

You probably can! I've used the Additional Website Application for many of my client's Google Grants. You can find that here: https://support.google.com/grants/contact/grants_v

Although if you are eligible, it might be more effective to apply for separate Google Grants if they are very different units. I imagine they would all want different ads targeting different keywords, different conversion goals, etc. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Erika L

Once your main Ad Grants account has been approved, you would be able to apply to add additional domain names to that account, as long as, those domain names were owned and managed by the approved nonprofit and they met all eligibility requirements.

You would not, however, be able to apply for additional Ad Grants for these different business units – unless they are registered with the IRS as subordinate organizations of the parent organization.