AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

My account isn't active because you haven't entered my billing information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ad say eligible but my account isn't active - To activate my account and start running my ads it says I have to enter my billing information. However since I am a non profit, I am not supposed to be adding my billing information. Can someone who is versed in non profit for Google help me with this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My account isn't active because you haven't entered my billing information.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tammy,

When you first create your AdWords account to use with Google Ad Grants, you will always see that alert and you have to ignore it. 

Steps to set up an Ad Grants account:

Create a Google AdWords account.

• Do not enter credit card information, even though you'll be asked to in your account.
  • You must choose U.S. dollars as your currency regardless of the country you're in.

Create your first ad campaign. 

• Do not enable these features: Display Network, Display bids, managed placements, managed placement bids, and automatic bidding.

Submit your account to the Google Ad Grants team for review and activation. After you submit the application, give it time to process. Generally, applications are reviewed within 30 days of submission, but this can vary depending on the volume of applications since the applications are reviewed in the order that they are received. If you've applied, you will receive an email as soon as a decision has been reached. 

If you applied for the Google for Non-Profit Program, feel free to check your application status.

Kind Regards,

James