AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple accounts = issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First time posting here. Have not tried calling Google Support yet but I thought I would check here first.

I have approval for Ad Grants adword. When I signed up, for some reason it would not let me use my organizational email. It signed me up as a user with the name (myemailaddress@gtempaccount.com). I would really like to be able to manage this from within my organizational email address (managed by Google apps)

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple accounts = issues

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Damion,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Did you see any sort of error message when you tried to create an account using your organization's email address?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. I have been using it this way for 6 months. Just annoying. I have to use my gtempaccount login to get to my adwords, but everything else is under my organization (google apps) account.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Damion,

You should be able to add another email address as an admin user to an account, so long as that other email address is not already attached to another AdWords account. You can do so by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of AdWords, going to Account Settings, and then Account Access. From there, you can invite other users. Just be sure to give your other email account administrative access!

Does this work?
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No. When I try to add it, it tells me that I have a personal and a Apps account using that email address and I have to merge them - but it sends me in a never-ending loop when I try to do that.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Damion,

In that case, it may be an account-specific issue. If you'd like to get the correct email connected to the account, please either call or email the AdWords help team, and they'll be able to walk you through the process while looking at the account with you.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I tried that. The Adwords team said it was an Apps issue and the Apps team said it was an Adwords issue. Thanks anyways for your help. I guess I will just continue to use it as I have been. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I will try to call again tomorrow. I said that "I already tried that", but in fact, it was my assistant who called today and she may not have been able to get through to the right people since she is not listed as an Admin on account so I will try again personally and see what happens.