AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Made a mistake with currency

# 1
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

Hello, would appreciate some advice.

My organisation - a women's equality organisation in Australia - has been given a grant. Two days ago I set up several ad campaigns and they're working fantastically, immediately bringing a huge benefit to the organisation's awareness raising aims.

Then today I noticed the currency is Australian dollars, not US dollars. The person who applied for the grant had made a mistake, and I'd noticed the dollar sign but not the A in front of it. Oops.

Can someone at Google change the currency to US $ for me? I don't think there's a way to do it myself. Happy to share the ID number privately, but with who?

Please tell me we don't have to start from scratch and lose all that good work!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K,

I am not knowledgeable about grants in particular, however, in general you have no option to change the currency of the account. You may want to contact AdWords via the cogwheel / 3 dots in the upper right corner of your AdWords account. Sharing the ID in the forum is a violation of the policy... Smiley Happy

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turned out to be a much bigger mistake than I realised. I was told by the charity that they were approved for adwords. So I logged into their Adwords account. Saw an initial ad campaign and no request for billing info. Great I thought, they'd done the first steps. So I created very successful campaigns that spent over $500 in two days.

Then found out that months ago they'd added billing info and chosen A$. So we were spending the charity's own money. Disaster.

Apparently someone from Google's accounts will contact me to help resolve this. Meanwhile, everyone - double check everything very carefully at the start and assume nothing! Because you can't afford to make mistakes when the bill could be massive.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? Thanks!

C

# 5
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

Google never return money, if a charity accidentally added credit card details. We spotted the problem within two days, but just imagine if we'd gone weeks without realising we were being billed. Apparently the only circumstance in which Google *might* consider returning the money, is if the amount could cause the charity to collapse.

So everyone, be careful! The Google Grant is a fantastic resource, but make the same mistake we did, Google won't have any pity.

Re: Made a mistake with currency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jason, Smiley Sad I am sorry!

By the way, how did you manage to change the account 'granted'? I need to change the account I granted, as it inherited the wrong currency and even if I am calling everyday the support, nobody seems to be able to support me.

Thanks,

C