Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

MCC My Client Center and Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we just got admitted to the Google Grants program and we would like to use a the My Client Center to administer our grants account. G-Grants requires at least on active login per month. Is administering with MCC enough or do we explicitly also have to login with the original e-mail and login data? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jens-Kristof K
September 2015

Re: MCC My Client Center and Google Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jens-Kristof,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted into the Ad Grants program.

Officially, yes, you have to log in with the original email. The reason is because many nonprofits use third-party agencies to manage their ad grants account for them and those agencies access the accounts via MCC accounts; Google wants to make sure that the grantee stays actively involved in the account and is aware of how the agency is managing the account on the nonprofit's behalf.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Logging into the account by the grantee once a month is always a good idea and remains a requirement.

However, with regards to active management via an MCC, I have actually been working closely with the Grants team to craft the new policy and it was worded to allow the grantee to be in compliance with the policy as long as the account was being actively managed and changes were being made to it on a regular basis (with a minimum of every 90 days) – even if those changes where via MCC or by a third-party agency hired by the grantee.

While changes may be made by an MCC or by a third-party agency, the grantee still needs to sign in to the grant account monthly to review the campaign's performance.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jens-Kristof,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted into the Ad Grants program.

Officially, yes, you have to log in with the original email. The reason is because many nonprofits use third-party agencies to manage their ad grants account for them and those agencies access the accounts via MCC accounts; Google wants to make sure that the grantee stays actively involved in the account and is aware of how the agency is managing the account on the nonprofit's behalf.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Good Question Jens-Kristof and thanks for the clarification Robert. This info has not been clarified in the grants eligibility page. Very helpful for everyone.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply! =)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

quick follow up question regarding the new guidelines for adwords that require an activity within every 90 days. Is here the same procedure required as with the logins? So changes by MCC accounts will not count?

Thanks for your help!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Logging into the account by the grantee once a month is always a good idea and remains a requirement.

However, with regards to active management via an MCC, I have actually been working closely with the Grants team to craft the new policy and it was worded to allow the grantee to be in compliance with the policy as long as the account was being actively managed and changes were being made to it on a regular basis (with a minimum of every 90 days) – even if those changes where via MCC or by a third-party agency hired by the grantee.

While changes may be made by an MCC or by a third-party agency, the grantee still needs to sign in to the grant account monthly to review the campaign's performance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. This means You can actually link a grant account to my MCC? What about my partner status? Is it ok to add it ?