AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

MCC Account and Eligibility

JVS
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
JVS
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

A quick question

If I use an MCC account to look after several charity Google AdGrant accounts, will Google know that I've logged in every 30 days to make changes (or is it 90 days?).

I was told somewhere that for Google to know I'd made changes I would need to login using the charities account, rather than the MCC account. Is this right?

I really fear logging in and finding Google has cancelled one of the grants just because it doesn't look like the charity has logged in.

Cheers. Jane

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JVS
September 2015

Re: MCC Account and Eligibility

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jane A 

The Active account management policy requires more than just logging into the accounts, it does require that, "there must be at least one change made to your account every 90 days, based on review of your account performance."

As such, management by an MCC is certainly allowed.  

The above is the second sentence in the policy. However, the first sentence in the policy addresses the Grantees responsibility and reads: "Google Ad Grantees are required to be actively engaged in the program, meaning that you need to sign in to your account monthly to review your campaign's performance."

So, the Grantee should be signing in to the account to review the changes that are being made by the client manager at the MCC level.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JVS
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jane A 

The Active account management policy requires more than just logging into the accounts, it does require that, "there must be at least one change made to your account every 90 days, based on review of your account performance."

As such, management by an MCC is certainly allowed.  

The above is the second sentence in the policy. However, the first sentence in the policy addresses the Grantees responsibility and reads: "Google Ad Grantees are required to be actively engaged in the program, meaning that you need to sign in to your account monthly to review your campaign's performance."

So, the Grantee should be signing in to the account to review the changes that are being made by the client manager at the MCC level.

JVS
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
JVS
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Robert

Many thanks for your reply. This really helped me to explain the procedures to a new client yesterday. Thank you!