AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Low Quality Score Keywords Paused Or Removed?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I set up an automation in my accounts for keywords with low quality score like Google suggested but when I call in for my canceled accounts Google support tells me I still have to remove these keywords to get my account reviewed. My questions is, is this customer supports recommendation or is the system actually canceling my account because of those paused keywords?

Low Quality Score Keywords Paused Or Removed?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Christina O,

In our accounts with paused keywords with quality score of 2 or 1, those keywords are not flagged as low-quality in the most recent MCC compliance report. That tells me that Google's systems aren't flagging paused keywords as a violation of the quality score policy, so you should be OK to get your account reinstated.

That said, if you have no plans to make significant changes to your ad copy or landing pages, and you don't need the historical data, you may as well remove the keywords. The quality score is unlikely to shift unless you make big changes to your ad relevance and landing page experience, so leaving them paused doesn't net you anything in the long run.

- Richard