AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Lost Google AdWords LogIn & Customer ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a bit stuck at the moment in trying to access a Google Ad Grant account that had been set up by a previous agency a couple of years ago. The account has been inactive for about a year and half, so I'm not even sure if it is still viable. However, when attempting to re-join Google Nonprofits I get the message that "one or more organizations have already registered with our EIN."

I'm then taken to a page to request Admin Privileges. This is where I'm getting stuck. After I fill out that form I'm sent to "the administrators of my organization and I will receive an email with their decision". Our organization does not have access to the account where this request is being sent. So there is no way that I can regain administrative privileges. 

Any insight on what to do next is greatly appreciated!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erin P
September 2015

Re: Lost Google AdWords LogIn & Customer ID

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Erin P,
You are taking the right steps.

Google will send the account owner an email asking him/her to respond to the request within 14 days. You will receive an email notification once the current owner responds to your request. Note that the email will be sent to the account from which you made the request.

If your request is approved, you will be able to access your organization's Google for Nonprofits membership account using the account details you supplied on the form. If your request is denied, you will not be able to access the membership account.

If the original owner does not respond within 14 days, a Google representative will review your request.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erin P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Erin P,
You are taking the right steps.

Google will send the account owner an email asking him/her to respond to the request within 14 days. You will receive an email notification once the current owner responds to your request. Note that the email will be sent to the account from which you made the request.

If your request is approved, you will be able to access your organization's Google for Nonprofits membership account using the account details you supplied on the form. If your request is denied, you will not be able to access the membership account.

If the original owner does not respond within 14 days, a Google representative will review your request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Robert. So I'm thinking then my only hope is that a Google representative will review my request - since the "current owner" does not have credentials to their account in order to respond?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Erin,
That is the standard process, yes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If it makes you feel any better, I've had the same issue before with a nonprofit I was working with. It's kind of a pain, but worth the effort to get an AdWords Grant account running.