6.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Local chapters and Google Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For organizations with local chapters, is there any best practices when applying for Google Ad Grants. I know that each will need their own 501C3s. And I'm thinking there will be issues with competing against each other on keywords. But am wondering if there are any other considerations that should be taken into account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erin P
September 2015

Re: Local chapters and Google Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Erin,
Yes they will certainly need to have their own 501 C 3 if they have their own Ad Grants. However if they are local then they really shouldn't be competing against each other because each one should only be targeting their relevant local community.

Additionally, there are those nonprofits that have local chapters that are all under a single 501 C 3. These can also be set up as individual campaigns that geo-target those local areas. One caveat to all of that is that the destination URLs would all have to be under a single domain name of the main chapter since you can only promote a single domain in a single Ad Grants account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert, your reply is helpful!

My other concern is the actual application process. Will Google frown on multiple applications coming in at the same time from one organization (despite having their own 501C3s)? Does it matter?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Erin,
No, Google will not frown on multiple applications coming in, as long as they all have their own EINs. Google regularly gets multiple applications from organizations that have multiple chapters under individual EINs and processes those applications without issue.