AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Linking to Vanity Domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know we are only allowed to link to the domain that the grant is applied to but what if our domain name is in Spanish and we have a vanity domain (same name in English) that we want to link the ads to? Is that again the guidelines? 

On a similar note if we wanted to run an ad to donate to our organization but the donation page is on a third party site do we need to point the ad to a landing page on our domain then have a button to click to the third party site? Or can we link right to the third party domain.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casas p
February 2016

Re: Linking to Vanity Domain

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Casas p Jason, while you won't be able to use your vanity URL in your destination or for ad grants ads per the Website Policy and Promoting Multiple Sites, as it must be the approved domain, you could host (Read: copy and move) the site files that domain points to into a sub folder (if they are not there already) onto your ad grants account approved-domain. If it's long and ugly, simply use a vanity display URL following the ad grants guidelines.

I believe this is fine since it's simply a Spanish version of the approved website and thus part of the nonprofit mission, etc.
I would definitely caution to always keep the content focused around the mission for any ads you are using with the Ad Grant account.

As for the donation page - same rule applies - no third party domains. [You could host the donation page if they allow you using a script or other method - a lot of vendors will work with you on this.]

Let me know if this resolves your question, happy to help! I am a firm backer in expanding content access for the widest audience appropriate.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Casas p
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Casas p Jason, while you won't be able to use your vanity URL in your destination or for ad grants ads per the Website Policy and Promoting Multiple Sites, as it must be the approved domain, you could host (Read: copy and move) the site files that domain points to into a sub folder (if they are not there already) onto your ad grants account approved-domain. If it's long and ugly, simply use a vanity display URL following the ad grants guidelines.

I believe this is fine since it's simply a Spanish version of the approved website and thus part of the nonprofit mission, etc.
I would definitely caution to always keep the content focused around the mission for any ads you are using with the Ad Grant account.

As for the donation page - same rule applies - no third party domains. [You could host the donation page if they allow you using a script or other method - a lot of vendors will work with you on this.]

Let me know if this resolves your question, happy to help! I am a firm backer in expanding content access for the widest audience appropriate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent. Thank you for the quick response.