AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Limited by Budget Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an Ad Grants account running ads for multiple campaigns and some of the campaigns are showing "Limited by budget" even though they are not able to exhaust their daily budget. The status show regularly even on those days when there are no clicks for the ads in the campaign. Does it really matter?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Atal V
June 2016

Re: Limited by Budget Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Atal V the "Limited by Budget" message is (as far as I know) triggered when a Campaign could have spent more on several days over a past period (which I think is 7 days), so it's possible to see this message on Campaigns that didn't reach their budget on one (or more) particular days because it was limited on several other days.

If it's not reaching the budget every single day you're probably not losing very much traffic, although you may want to look at your historical data to see if there are any trends you can adjust for.  For example, if you can see that the spend is higher on a Monday than any other day, you could set Automated Rules (or a Script) to spend more on a Monday and less on the other days to compensate.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Atal V
June 2016

Re: Limited by Budget Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Atal V the "Limited by Budget" message is (as far as I know) triggered when a Campaign could have spent more on several days over a past period (which I think is 7 days), so it's possible to see this message on Campaigns that didn't reach their budget on one (or more) particular days because it was limited on several other days.

If it's not reaching the budget every single day you're probably not losing very much traffic, although you may want to look at your historical data to see if there are any trends you can adjust for.  For example, if you can see that the spend is higher on a Monday than any other day, you could set Automated Rules (or a Script) to spend more on a Monday and less on the other days to compensate.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits