1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Pages Were Continually Approved, But We Were Suspended Anyway

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our Google Adwords Grant was recently suspended for "Low Quality Pages" The landing ad pages I used
were approved at least 3 times, by 3 different Adwords reps (and a supervisor). The rep notes and recording
of our conversations will prove this. I had called that many times to make CERTAIN we were not threatening our status.

So a few days ago, all of a sudden we get suspended for doing the very thing we were previously
approved to do!

I sent in a re-evaluation request, but it was still denied.

Under the above circumstances, does anyone have a contact person I can discuss this with? It seems incredibly unfair to be approved multiple times over the phone, only to then be suspended. Thank you in advance.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Landing Pages Were Continually Approved, But We Were Suspended Any

Top Contributor
# 18
Top Contributor

"Did you intend to cut and paste the Adword rules, which we are already aware of?"

@Janice S - In this particular situation, I am afraid that there is not much more I am allowed to say.

From your previous posts and the information that you shared with me via email, your account clearly did not meet the requirements of the Ad Grants program to maintain eligibility - particularly in regards to the last two bullet points I posted above. Simply put, car donations and affiliate programs are not allowed within the Ad Grants program. 

I am not privy to the calls you had with AdWords phone support but if you call them up and ask about landing pages, they will advise you on AdWords policy - not necessarily on Ad Grants policy. As it stands, it appears your landing pages may have been allowed within the context of AdWords policy but are none-the-less in violation of the Ad Grants eligibility requirements I posted above and you state you are already aware of.

I am attempting to see if the are any "next-steps" we can take with your situation, however, Ad Grant suspensions are typically final.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Janice,

The best way would be to email the adwords support regarding this issue or to discuss this issue with the Adwords community reps via chat.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Sayem, but I had already previously emailed a request for reconsideration, and was denied. I need to find one or more specific Adwords supervisors to appeal to directly on this.

We are a low budget children's cancer charity -- we NEED this account... I could understand it if Adwords gave us a stern warning -- we would then immediately take down the offending pages (which we did immediately anyway). However, to simply suspend the account with little or no hope of reinstating it seems unethical. I very much appreciate the Grant... But if they're going to provide it, and approve it (multiple times), it's wrong to then capriciously take it away.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anyone have direct contacts for Google Adwords Grants?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Janice S

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Please know however, that suspended landing pages typically come from the policy team and are often NOT an Ad Grant issue. If your account was suspended due to violation of AdWords policies, there is nothing that the Ad Grants team can do.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Robert -- Thank you very much for your reply.

The suspension likely was due to what Google saw as violation of Adword policies. However, as stated, my only hope is, that upon examination of call records and / or recordings, they will discover that our ad pages were approved by multiple Adword reps and supervisors -- and hopefully see that we only did what we were approved to do.

All we were trying to do is bring in money for the charity. The $2 bid ceiling restricted us from advertising our only source of fund raising: car donations (the keywords are at FAR higher bids than that). So we found a way to sell affiliate products -- which we were repeatedly approved by Google to do -- as long as we had the notation "Profits from this item go to our charity", which we did, on all pages.

I just submitted the form. Thanks in advance for anything you can do.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Be sure to include the landing pages in question and also responses from the policy team as to the reasons for the suspensions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert, I didn't see your response before submitting. I did include the reason given for suspension, but not the pages -- we had taken them down immediately upon receiving word they were in violation. Should I make a 2nd submission?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert -- I was wondering if you'd seen my replies?
Thanks again for your kind offer to help with this!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Janice S - I have and I am reviewing. I might reach out to you off-line for with more questions and will reply back once I have something more team.