Guide Me
star_border

LLC for grants

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

does anyone knows if an LCC can apply for Google Grants?

I've read the conditions and about the need of being an 501(c)(3), but I want to be sure if any LCC has ever been admited.

Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

LLC for grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@MaiMolina

The eligibility requirements for applying to Google For Nonprofits can be found here: https://www.google.com/nonprofits/eligibility/

In the US, one of those requirements is to be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization as identified by the IRS, regardless of corporate structure. 

With that said, there have been LLCs that have been recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt organizations and those organization have received 501(c)(3) status.  Without that 501(c)(3) status, an organization would NOT be eligible for G4NP regardless of corporate structure or any other eligibility requirements met.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

LLC for grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@MaiMolina

The eligibility requirements for applying to Google For Nonprofits can be found here: https://www.google.com/nonprofits/eligibility/

In the US, one of those requirements is to be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization as identified by the IRS, regardless of corporate structure. 

With that said, there have been LLCs that have been recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt organizations and those organization have received 501(c)(3) status.  Without that 501(c)(3) status, an organization would NOT be eligible for G4NP regardless of corporate structure or any other eligibility requirements met.

LLC for grants

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you Robert.