AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords to find donors

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If I want people to donate to my cause, which keywords should I consider for a "Donate for ..." text ad?

Or rather, which keywords potential donors search for?

Or maybe, I should not make a special ad for donors, because I already have "Donate" in sitelinks, for search queries with keywords related with my cause (not keywords directly related with donations or money)?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Keywords to find donors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

Make use of AdWords KeyWord Panner Tool and find the most relevant keywords for your advertising goals. About their usage in ad texts, I would advise, use them.

Yes, it's fine that you have your keyword in your sitelink extension, but that's a secondary thing to be precise. Your ads are most significant things and you should focus more on establishing relevancy of your keywords to your ad texts first. It will work to increase your CTR and improve your overall quality scores as well.

Also, your sitelinks may not be appearing all the time with your ads. They show up only when you ads get top positions. Hence, it would be wise and of course one of the best practices to use keywords in your ad texts. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

Make use of AdWords KeyWord Panner Tool and find the most relevant keywords for your advertising goals. About their usage in ad texts, I would advise, use them.

Yes, it's fine that you have your keyword in your sitelink extension, but that's a secondary thing to be precise. Your ads are most significant things and you should focus more on establishing relevancy of your keywords to your ad texts first. It will work to increase your CTR and improve your overall quality scores as well.

Also, your sitelinks may not be appearing all the time with your ads. They show up only when you ads get top positions. Hence, it would be wise and of course one of the best practices to use keywords in your ad texts. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Victor,

In addition to what Ratan said above, you might be interested in looking at Google trends to see what is trending and what is not globally for your service niche. Keyword planner is definitely the prime tool to use and explore.

Here's the link:- https://www.google.com/trends/

My 2 cents!

Pankaj