AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

the non profit organization I'm working for Ad Grants is currently offering Christmas cards 100% aimed at sustaining one project of theirs.

I was wondering if I am allowed to use only "non profit" keywords - such as "charity Christmas cards" - or also broader ones such as "Christmas cards".

Thanks so much for your help!

Matteo

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Keyword issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Matteo B

Ad Grants policy is that all keywords and ads must be mission based. As such, if the selling of Christmas cards is one of the ways that your nonprofit supports its mission then you are certainly allowed to advertise on the keyword "Christmas cards". However, you would not be allowed to advertise on the keyword "Christmas cards" if your nonprofit did not provide such cards in the benefit of its mission.

Also, keep in mind that Ad Grants policy requires that 100% of the proceeds go back to benefit the nonprofit for any e-commerce related keywords. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matteo
As far as I'm aware, there's no special restrictions on the keywords that you can use in a grants account. You can bid on anything you like within standard policy. Your only restriction is budget and of course the 2 dollar bid.

You can if course bud in Christmas Cards if you wish. Whether they'll work for you is a different story though Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Matteo B

Ad Grants policy is that all keywords and ads must be mission based. As such, if the selling of Christmas cards is one of the ways that your nonprofit supports its mission then you are certainly allowed to advertise on the keyword "Christmas cards". However, you would not be allowed to advertise on the keyword "Christmas cards" if your nonprofit did not provide such cards in the benefit of its mission.

Also, keep in mind that Ad Grants policy requires that 100% of the proceeds go back to benefit the nonprofit for any e-commerce related keywords. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Excellent insight Robert. Thanks for the additional information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much, all very clear! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert for your help Smiley Happy