AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Keep getting rejected for Ad Grants?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been approved for Google for Nonprofits. I've tried creating an adwords express account 3+ times and submitting it for an Ad Grant, but each time the account is rejected.

Here is the message I get -
The account you submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new account and submit it for review.

But there is no additional guidance as to why the account was rejected. I've chatted, spoken, and email Google support and received very little help.

i'd appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or advice on a) getting an ad grants account approved or b) working with google support.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Keep getting rejected for Ad Grants?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Out of curiosity, why choose AdWords Express?

Depending on your niche, Grants advertising can be highly competitive - because of many advertisers targeting the same keywords, all with a $2 bid limit. I would expect that using a full AdWords account would be more suitable for getting results.

Re: Keep getting rejected for Ad Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. I agree, a normal Adwords account - which I've
managed for another organization - is preferred.

But, the process on google's site says to start with adwords express and, a
google support agent verified this. He siad it is best to start with
adwords express, get it approved, then convert it to a normal adwords
account.

I'm just trying to follow their directions.