Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Google Ad Grants, AdWords Account Creation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

As of right now my account says its Approved -  we received approval through Techsoup a couple of months ago.

I created an account today and i have followed the Adword Account Creation guide.

At the top of the 'Campaign Management' page there is a bright red banner running along the top which says "Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information.". When i click to fix this, i scroll to the bottom only ticking the T's and C's without entering any information, i am then told that i have to fill in the fields, which i cant because i will subsequently pay for it - therefore nullifying the point of Google Ad Grants.

My keywords and campaigns and ad groups are all enabled.

Any idea as to what i should do next? I wasn't sure if it was purely a question of waiting until the page has time to update clicks, Impressions etc?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with Google Ad Grants, AdWords Account Creation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have you submitted your account for review yet?

Once your AdWords account is created, you will need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

1. Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
  2. Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  3. Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
  4. Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly.
    If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
  5. Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
  6. Click ‘Enroll’.
  7. Wait for a decision.
    After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a decision within 5 business days (But often less than 48 hours.) If your AdWords account was set up correctly using the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide, you’ll get an email telling you that your account has been activated. If your AdWords account contained any errors, you’ll get an email with instructions on how to correct the errors before we can activate it. Once that is done, the "enter billing" message will be removed.

Re: Issue with Google Ad Grants, AdWords Account Creation

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 3
N/A

Thanks for the reply Robert,

The issue is that when i look for the 'Enroll' next to adwords, it instead says 'Status: Approved Get started with AdWords or AdWords Express.'

Therefore i cannot progress any further because of the lack of an 'Enroll' button - though this option is next to the other 3 choices - Apps for Nonprofits, Google Earth Pro and Youtube Nonprofit Program.

Could it have something to do with the fact i had to get google to remove the original account creators? - an administrative error meant we had to submit a request for control to google which we received, consequently i never received an 'approval email'

Where should i go from here?