2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Issue setting up Ad Grants account:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an approved charity account. To setup an Ad Words account, as per the instructions, I should not enter billing details. However, while setting up, it is not allowing me to go past the Billing Page. 

I need to setup the Campaign and move fast as I have a program coming up. Can some one help please?

The link https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Grants/Adwords-Grant-but-can-t-progress-without-billing-i... and the link https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Grants/The-issue-is-with-the-billing-page-for-Ad-Grant-us... does not point to a solution

Regards,

Perth Theatre Company

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue setting up Ad Grants account:

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @PerthTheatreCo

To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

The set up guide will provide you with a specific link that will allow you to by-pass the billing requirements.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Robert,
Tried re-doing from the link provided by you. Clicked the "Get Started" link. It is still taking me to the billing page. (FYI - Before raising the issue here, I did start from the same link that you had mentioned!)

Screenshot1.png

Any other options? 

Regards,

Perth Theatre Company

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@PerthTheatreCo

Thanks for the screenshot, it is very helpful. I will forward to the Ad Grants team for them to investigate.

It appears you are attempting to apply from Australia - is that correct?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, we had the same problem. we're in Australia also. You may have used the US specific link provided by google for the adwords creation like we did in our first attempt. Create a new adwords account and campaign using the link on this page: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506 I think you will find that it the adwords account setup wizard only requires step 1 and 2, and does not require billing details.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've had this same issue since Feb 2015. I've been sent "special" links that will for sure bypass and it doesn't. So frustrating.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've tried the link in the "solution" above me and it does not work still asked for billing info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

The problem with the "Guide to creating an Ad Grants account" you link is that step 4 says "If you had already started filling out an Ad Grants application form, go back now and finish the form."

However, there is no link or any other way to return to the form and finish it. One can only begin again, which starts the entire process again and would (presumably) lead one to the exact same point after filling out the nonprofit info, setting up the campaigns, etc.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for the feedback, I will certainly share it with the Ad Grants team.

Which country are you applying form? Is it one that has the Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) program? If so, that is what step 4 is referencing - simply login to your G4NP profile (note: this MAY be with a different login than you use for Ad Grants) and go to the product enrollment page for Ad Grants to submit your AdWords account for review. It does not start the whole process over again, since you have already enrolled in G4NP.