AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Issue getting my campaign up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I successfully applied for a nonprofit ID for the Skyline Longmont Kiwanis Foundation.

When I created the adwords campaign the billing was added to my existing campaigns, making me think that I should have created a new email address to apply for the non-profit ID.

How should I proceed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue getting my campaign up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dennis O

Unfortunately, if billing information was added to the account it then becomes a paid AdWords account and cannot be used with Ad Grants. As such, you will need to create a new account following the steps outlined in the Ad Grants creation guide and submit that new account for review and approval.

With regards to the paid AdWords account, I would recommend that you keep that on hand and use it to run ads for display and remarketing – both of which can be very effective for nonprofits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have tried making a new campaign with a different email but it was rejected because I don't have an active ad, but I can't make it active until I enter billing information. Also I don't see in the application where to associate it with our nonprofit.
So what should I do?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Dennis O

If you follow the steps specifically as outlined in the Ad Grants creation guide then you should not run into any problems. Specifically, you have to start the process using the blue 'get started' button. Which is a special link for Ad Grant accounts that lets you bypass the billing prompts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do I have to be logged into the email that I applied for the nonprofit status? Because I already tried it the other way using the get started button and I did have problems.
And If I do need to be logged into that then how do I keep it from billing my existing account?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Dennis O

No, you do not have to be logged into the email account that you used to apply for the Google For Nonprofits program. In fact, if this is the email address you used to create the first AdWords account, you will not be able to use it anyway until you disassociate that email address from the first AdWords account since an email address can only be used with a single AdWords account.

If you do not want to be charged for the ads that you created in the first AdWords account, then you will need to pause those ads and campaigns. Please understand, you are responsible for any costs incurred in an account that was set up as a paid AdWords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I could tell right away that it was going to charge me in my existing adwords account so I disabled it.
A few days ago I created a new email and started a new campaign using the link you suggested. There is a message "Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. Fix itLearn more"
So I will try again today with another new email address. How do I associate the new adwords account with the nonprofit?