AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Is my philanthropic department within my university eligible for Adwords Grants?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I work in an advancement and fundraising department at a private university. The official eligibility states the following: 

"The following organizations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:

• Governmental entities and organizations
  • Hospitals and medical groups
  • Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations may be eligible)"

As the core fundraising and philanthropic department for the university, I'm wondering if that means we might have eligibility. Can someone shed more light on exactly what is meant by "philanthropic arms of educational organizations may be eligible"?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
2w

Is my philanthropic department within my university eligible for Adwords Grants?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The philanthropic arm of an educational organization must be a charity organization (with its own charity ID). That ID should be separate from the educational institution charity ID but still can support the educational institution.

Apart from above, there is some other eligibility also. Go to below link and see other requirements under your country.

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
2w

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The philanthropic arm of an educational organization must be a charity organization (with its own charity ID). That ID should be separate from the educational institution charity ID but still can support the educational institution.

Apart from above, there is some other eligibility also. Go to below link and see other requirements under your country.

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/3215869?hl=en