AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Is it OK to show ads from vizury.com if I am benefiting from Ad Grant?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler

We are trying to stay sustainable through advertising and sponsorships. Is Vizury ok? do they work with or show ads from Adsense or its partners?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is it OK to show ads from vizury.com if I am benefiting from Ad Gr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Muhammad H,

The policy regarding Grantees having Ad Sense ads and other banner ads can be found here:

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/171852?hl=en

I will not speak to Vizury since I am not familiar with their platform but I will say that if you are running ads on your website that are not 'sponsors' of your charity then you run a risk of loosing the grant.

In other words, if you are not in control of the ads that are running on your website then those ads could very well cost you your Ad Grant. The few pennies you make from clicks on the ads are not worth risking the $10,000 per month.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you.

One more thing, what is the status of AdChoices? Is it considered one of "AdSense Partners"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Muhammad,
It sounds like your focus might be more on using traffic from Ad Grant to generate revenue from advertising instead of helping your organization to achieve its mission, as such, Ad Grants might not be the right program for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This will be a bit off topic, but I need to clarify myself: For the organization to achieve its mission it has to remain sustainable. And if you are providing a free online services without any subscription fees it makes much sense to depend on relevant advertisers to cover your costs without closing your doors each time you run out of donations.

And at the end of the day, advertising is similar to sponsorship with much smaller ticket sizes - if you can control which ads are displayed. "Revenues", if the word is applicable in such context, is important for the organization to stay alive and provide its services for free even if there isn't any donations, which is an important part of the organization mission.

Thanks for your interest and help.