5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Input on Impact Statement?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

May I please get some input on the "How has Adgrants Impacted Your Organization" statement before I resubmit for AdGrants Pro?

"Thanks to AdGrants, we have helped thousands of families learn how to avoid student loan debt. The far reaching impact on the individual families and on their community and marketplace contributions have been inspiring.
AdGrants has allowed us to serve areas where college counseling is not available. The free webinars, services and tools we offer have been used by thousands of students to prepare for SAT/ACT tests, pick the best fit affordable colleges and choose the most fitting majors."

Thanks so much...Lawrene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Input on Impact Statement?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Lawrene,

Great question - glad to hear you had success with Ad Grants, and that you're looking for more.

From my point of view, if I were Google, I'd be looking for real evidence and analysis. Show them that you understand how the budget was used, exactly what you got back, and more importantly, how you think you can better use the budget if given the chance again.

As I understand their motivations, they want to make sure that the free ad $s are used efficiently and appropriately, first and foremost.

So to directly answer how it impacted your ogranization, I would be much more direct. I would say that your answer refers more to how your ogranization has helped the public, but what Google is asking, is how has Google helped Lawrene?

As such, what are the direct impacts that ad grant had on your company? I would recite some Google conversion statistics from the ad spend, along with other aspects. e.g. how many thousand families was your company enabled to reach? Did you exceed goals because of it? Did you raise more money / get more funding because of it? etc... I don't have the specifics as I don't know your business, but I hope you get the jist of what I'm saying.

I hope it helps with your re-submission.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Lawrene,

Great question - glad to hear you had success with Ad Grants, and that you're looking for more.

From my point of view, if I were Google, I'd be looking for real evidence and analysis. Show them that you understand how the budget was used, exactly what you got back, and more importantly, how you think you can better use the budget if given the chance again.

As I understand their motivations, they want to make sure that the free ad $s are used efficiently and appropriately, first and foremost.

So to directly answer how it impacted your ogranization, I would be much more direct. I would say that your answer refers more to how your ogranization has helped the public, but what Google is asking, is how has Google helped Lawrene?

As such, what are the direct impacts that ad grant had on your company? I would recite some Google conversion statistics from the ad spend, along with other aspects. e.g. how many thousand families was your company enabled to reach? Did you exceed goals because of it? Did you raise more money / get more funding because of it? etc... I don't have the specifics as I don't know your business, but I hope you get the jist of what I'm saying.

I hope it helps with your re-submission.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the direction Jack...I will do that. Smiley Happy In a nutshell, we are a public benefit 501c3, and match students to top colleges, helping them to graduate on time and debt-free.

Thoughts...is it my answers, or my low conversions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all...These denials from Grants Pro are helping me to refine.  Smiley Happy  Smiley Very Happy

Looking forward to launching our online courses, so maybe our conversions will grow.  In the meantime, is there anyone who can help with my next application by pointing out some glaring mistakes?  I would like to resubmit at the end of July.  

List your top 3 goals for your organization::

1. Educate 10,000 families in the next year on the process of getting their children into (and graduating from) college with little-to-no debt using resources like free webinars, test preparation, and video based online college counseling services. 
  2. Help 10,000 students find college majors and potential careers that may provide strong return-on-investment for the time and money invested in college. 
  3. Develop a low-cost online membership for families with children who want to attend college.

How has Google Ad Grants impacted your organization thus far?:

• Since starting AdGrants, the requests for reports and information on our website have increased from 5 per day to between 15 and 30 per day, allowing us to serve areas where college counseling is under served or scarce. We have been able to help an additional 3100 families in the past 6 months, learn how to avoid student loan debt, prepare for SAT/ACT tests, and research colleges. Over 1000 families have signed up for free webinars, and 600 for free online personalized college counseling advice.

How will you spend the increased budget? :

• We plan to spend the increased AdGrants budget promoting a video library on successful college admissions and financial aid planning for families with students in high school. This free membership site will be able to support our goal of educating 10,000 families over the next year, and 100,000 over the next 5 years. We will also offer a low cost expanded version. 
  • Statistics show that of the 16 million students in high school, 10 million will go to college. Our goal of educating 10,000 represents only 0.1% of the 10 million. 
  • Government and industry surveys show that families are most in need of relevant information on the college admissions and financial aid process, so in addition to free video content, the low-cost membership will offer personalized content, monthly webinars, and an interactive closed-group social community. Based on our research, the extra AdGrant budget would help us reach our 10,000-family goal in 12 months, replacing their confusion with confidence and a plan.