Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Increased Bids For Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

I work for an online marketing firm that handles the Google Ad Grant for nonprofit organizations. Lately, I've been noticing a trend that all my keywords are now below first-page page bid of $2.07. This is happening for all of my accounts, even accounts that have years of historical data and momentum. Is anyone else having this same issue? And if so, how are you going about handling it? The majority of these accounts are already built with ad extensions, site links, call outs, and have keywords that are BMM'd. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Blake

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blake A
November 2016

Re: Increased Bids For Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Blake A

Often, when the first page bid estimate is higher than the max bid, the issue is often one of a low quality score and working to improve the quality score is the best option. This is true of all AdWords accounts but most especially of Ad Grant accounts due to the $2 bid cap.

My recommendation is to work to improve your ad quality, this will in turn improve your click through rate (CTR) and as you likely know, CTR is the biggest driver in improving your quality score.

Also, check to see how your client's landing pages render on mobile. Google has taken a "mobile first" initiative that stresses the importance of mobile and how mobile-friendly a website is now affects the ad-rank as well. You can test the mobile-friendliness of your site on Google's Mobile Website Speed test Tool

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blake A
November 2016

Re: Increased Bids For Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Blake A

Often, when the first page bid estimate is higher than the max bid, the issue is often one of a low quality score and working to improve the quality score is the best option. This is true of all AdWords accounts but most especially of Ad Grant accounts due to the $2 bid cap.

My recommendation is to work to improve your ad quality, this will in turn improve your click through rate (CTR) and as you likely know, CTR is the biggest driver in improving your quality score.

Also, check to see how your client's landing pages render on mobile. Google has taken a "mobile first" initiative that stresses the importance of mobile and how mobile-friendly a website is now affects the ad-rank as well. You can test the mobile-friendliness of your site on Google's Mobile Website Speed test Tool