AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Improper category designation resulting in AdGrant Rejection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My organization received approval for Google Nonprofits, but was rejected for an AdGrant for the reason of organization ineligibility.  I believe it is because we have been improperly designated to an ineligible institutional category.  My organization is a separately incorporated not for profit organization governed by an independent, volunteer board of directors that aims to provide financial support to a community Health Centre.  We do not provide health care, but through donation initiatives and events, provide monetary support to a list of board approved disbursements that our community Health Centre needs.  

I am not sure why we are being rejected, as we do not fall into the Hospital or Medical Group category, and are a separate registered charitable entity.  I'd appreciate some help or clarity on the situation.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Improper category designation resulting in AdGrant Rejection

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steve S,
Sorry to hear that you are running into some issues enrolling in Google Ad Grants. You are in the right place to get this resolved, just a few clarification questions.

Am I following correctly that you are approved and enrolled in the Google For Nonprofits program but you were denied enrollment in Ad Grants based on the eligibility of your organization? 99.9% of the time organization eligibility is established with enrollment in the G4NP.

Could you post the content of the denial email you received (without personally identifiable information).

Also, which country are you applying from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply. Yes, you are correct. My organization has been approved for G4NP but denied for AdGrants. I am applying from Canada. Here is the email I have received

"Thank you for applying to the Google Ad Grants programme.

Regrettably, your organisation does not fall within our guidelines. For details on your country's requirements, click the "Eligibility & charity status" link shown for your country.

Please note that Google reserves the right to award advertising to any organisation. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and decisions regarding award recipients are final.

We appreciate your interest in the Google Ad Grants programme.

--
Please note: This email acts as a notification only. Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the AdWords team. "

Thanks again for your help.

Steve

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Steve,
Can you share your orgs name/URL with me and I will escalate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Sure thing! Thanks!

My organization name is St. Joseph's Health Centre Foundation

Our URL is www.foundation.stjoe.on.ca

Also, our charitable business number is 11918 3382 RR0001

Best,

Steve