AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

If Accepted, Can I Limit My Ads to Only Show in One State?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read the FAQ, and the only thing I found that may address this is this line: "Do not enable these features: Display Network, Display bids, managed placements, managed placement bids, and automatic bidding." Specifically, with "managed placements," does that mean I cannot manage my ads to only show in one state. The non-profit we want to have apply doesn't really need to advertise out-of-state. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan N
June 2016

Re: If Accepted, Can I Limit My Ads to Only Show in One State?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ryan N

Not only can you limit the ads to target a specific area but it is also a best practice to ensure that you are reaching only the audience that is most relevant for the organization. Global, national, state, city, 10 mile radius or anything in-between are appropriate if that is the area serve by the organization. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryan N
June 2016

Re: If Accepted, Can I Limit My Ads to Only Show in One State?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ryan N

Not only can you limit the ads to target a specific area but it is also a best practice to ensure that you are reaching only the audience that is most relevant for the organization. Global, national, state, city, 10 mile radius or anything in-between are appropriate if that is the area serve by the organization.