Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Iceland is not eligible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning

My name is Haukur Johannsson and i work in fundraising for the Red Cross in Iceland. I was wondering why Iceland is not eligible for Google grants? We are very excited about participating in the project. Can anyone please explain for me why this is the case?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Iceland is not eligible.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Haukur J

Iceland is not in the Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) program at this time but may be included in the future. Google is regularly expanding the program and it is currently in 52 countries. 

Once the program has expanded to Iceland, you will see the country listed on the nonprofit product offerings by country page.

View solution in original post

Re: Iceland is not eligible.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Haukur,

I wish I had a good answer for you! I can confirm that Iceland is not on the list of eligible countries, found here (https://www.google.com/grants/eligibility/), but I don't know why. My guess is that the Google Ad Grants program simply hasn't expanded yet to Iceland, but will at some point.

Best,

John
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Iceland is not eligible.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Haukur J

Iceland is not in the Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) program at this time but may be included in the future. Google is regularly expanding the program and it is currently in 52 countries. 

Once the program has expanded to Iceland, you will see the country listed on the nonprofit product offerings by country page.