2.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

I don't see a "Set up billing later" option

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm setting up a Google AdWords account as part of the Google Grant application process, and I know I shouldn't put in my billing information. But I don't see a "set up billing later" option. All I see is a "save and continue" button which takes me to the Billing page. It won't let me proceed without putting in my billing information.

Has anyone had this problem? What should I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I don't see a "Set up billing later" option

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jenny,

I would recommend you ignore the billing setup. Once your account is approved for Google Grants then you can setup the account. You can read more at

https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1332176?hl=en&ref_topic=3500132

Thanks,
Rahul

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jenny,

It is important that you follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide

Within the guide is a specific link you will need to click for account set up of a Grant account. The process is not the same as building out  a regular AdWords account.

Simply follow the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert I've used that link but am having the same problem. Any suggestions? thanks,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

NZ F,

Sorry to hear that you are running into issues. Follow these steps and you should be fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert, so I've downloaded the editor but when i used the email address that i've registered for the Google grant with it says the account doesn't exist. So is it ok for me to set up the adwords account on a different gmail address for our org?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, how did you get round this as following the guide it says to skip but there is no option to do this. Therefore, after entering the details as requested and setting up an ad but not being able to 'save and continue' in the billing section, do I submit the account for review?

Just wondering how to proceed here and if anyone can shed any light I;d appreciate it.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Jose J,
Please see my response above and follow the steps I outlined.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi NZ F,
My apologies for missing your question. Yes, you can use a new email address to set up the account, however,, it is always best to use the same email address as the one used to apply for Google For Nonprofits.