Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

I cannot access my Google not for profit Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have read the posts about not eing able to access the Google not for profit accoiunt as a starting point to submit the Google Ads for approval. I have read the post about having to use the email of the person to whom the approval email was sent. I have done that, and subsequently I have set up the gmail equivalent for that email. I then went to the not-for-profit account but the only options it gives me are to submit a new application and country. 

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks

Dieneke Ferguson

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: I cannot access my Google not for profit Account

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Dieneke,

Thank for your question. 

Just to clarify did you go through and set up another email account? Or are you still trying to use the same one?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dieneke,
99% of the time, when this happens it is a matter of being logged in with the wrong Google account while trying to access the Google For Nonprofits portal. Suffice to say, this is a very common issue.

What typically happens is that the nonprofit signs up to G4NP with Google account "A" and then sets the AdWords account up with Google Account "B" and then when trying to submit the AdWords account for use with Grants is still logged into Google Account "B" when trying to access G4NP. Since Google Account "B" is not an administrator on the G4NP account it asked them to set up a new account. My recommendation is to go ahead and do this, that why an email will be triggered to Google Account "A" that you are requesting administrative access - approve it and then both accounts "A" and "B" will have access to the G4NP account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shanea

I actually used the email address to whom the confirmation of our not for profit grant acceptance was sent. I then registered that on gmail and made a new gmail account for this. I then used this to try and log on to the not for profit site as an administrator and I got the same again, ie you have to apply.

Best

Dieneke

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Robert,

that seems like a sensible solution. We actually created a new account for adwords which is different from the account name to whom the confirmation email was sent. So if I understand you correctly instead of applying again for not for profit status we use that space to explain the situation and request administrative access? My concern was that this might take a very long time? We already did the Google Ad for submission so we are ready to go.

Thanks

Dieneke

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Dienke,
When you (as email "B") refill out the G4NP form it will send an email to the existing administrator, (which is you at email "A") it will then be you (email "A") that will receive an email stating that "B" is requesting administrative access and requires your approval. Simply approve the administrator request of "B" and then both "A" and "B" will have administrative access to the G4NP account.

It sounds a bit more complicated than it really is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Robert

Sorry for the delay but we wanted to get it right. So here are the facts to make sure we are doing the right thing.

Some time ago we applied for G4NP using a not-gmail account i.e. email with the company’s name as an extension. Our application was successful but we never used it to run adwords campaigns at that point.

What we want to do now is take the next step further and complete the application for Adwords which we created.
We tried logging in with the details we have i.e. not-gmail account + password used in the past but we can’t (I’m not sure whether this is because we have a wrong password, we only have to do it with a gmail account or the account was deleted because it hasn’t been used for adwords). We don’t want to do the whole thing from scratch and reapply since we got the initial approval and it might take a long time.

How can we move on? My understanding so far is that we have to move administrative rights from the initial, not-gmail account that got the approval to a new gmail one that we create. Should that be the one we created for Google Grants? This is a non gmail account. So does this mean that we have to redo the application and wait for a long time again for approval again, or do we put something in the application to the effect that we were already accepted but want administrative rights transferred?

Thanks so much.

best wishes

Dieneke

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dieneke,

This one is a bit tricky. My thoughts are that if it's been a long time since you did not use the G4NP account , you might have to reapply for it. I would double check with the other experts on this forum on this point.

You can also use the link below to troubleshoot the account access issue.

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?hl=en

Cheers,
Vineesh..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Vineesh

Thanks for that. It would be good if there is another solution as reapplying will take a really long time. Robert would your solution work or do we really have to reapply?

Thanks

Dieneke

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Dieneke,

Enrolling in Ad Grants is a multiple step process, it is not automatic with the signing up under G4NP. 

Roughly, the steps are:

1) Sign up for G4NP - it sounds like you have done this using "email A"

2) Create an AdWords account (following the steps outlined in the Account Creation guide) - it sounds like you may have done this with a different email address than you used in step 1, i.e. "email B".

3) Enroll in Ad Grants and submit the AdWords account to the Grants team for review as outlined in Step 3 of the account creation guide. - Have you completed this step? To do so, you will need to log back in to G4NP using the email address you used to sign up with G4NP in step 1, this would be "Email A".