1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How will the Right Hand Ad removal effect Google Grants Recipients

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We just started to get into Adwords but I am fearful that our $2 max bid with Google Grants will not be able to penetrate the top 4 results.  Does anyone know if Google Grants will change it's rules so that little non-profits can compete for visibility?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick D
February 2016

Re: How will the Right Hand Ad removal effect Google Grants Recipients

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 8.55.00 AM.pngThis is how it has impacted me so far. The sudden jump on the right in cost and clicks was the first full day of no side ads. The CPC didn't change and the position improved, but the very next day that performance changed. It is still too early to tell. Also, I made no edits to this account for the last week or two.

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 8.55.00 AM.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

How will the right hand ad removal affect Google Ad Grants recipients? Unsure at this time.

However, so far, it has not had a negative impact on any of the Ad Grant accounts that I manage and I manage a lot of them. If anything, there has been a slight improvement in CTR but that could be contributed to other items as well. More time and data will certainly be needed but so far... neither I nor my Ad Grant clients are panicking. 

My recommendation is to continue to focus on ad improvement to improve the CTR - this is the biggest driver in quality score and a high quality score allows you to be much more competitive.

Will Google be changing the rules for Ad Grants any time soon? Very doubtful but if they do, you will hear it here in the AdWords Community first.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick D
February 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 8.55.00 AM.pngThis is how it has impacted me so far. The sudden jump on the right in cost and clicks was the first full day of no side ads. The CPC didn't change and the position improved, but the very next day that performance changed. It is still too early to tell. Also, I made no edits to this account for the last week or two.

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 8.55.00 AM.png