3.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How to use Search Partners

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can a Google Grants recipient use the search partners network?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to use Search Partners

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

"So, when a non-profit is accepted into the Google Grants program, they lose the ability to advertise using their main keywords, on search partners."

Loose the ability to? No. You just cannot do it via the Grant account is all. As mentioned above you can still advertise your main keywords on search partners via a regular paid AdWords account.

How Google handles Grant accounts in regards to "double ad serving" is a bit different however. In the simplest terms, the paid account will trump the grant account in an auction if they are running the same keywords. Myself, I would set any keywords I was running on the paid account as exact match negatives in the grant account. To me this kepps things cleaner.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Him Tim,

Unfortunatly, You cannot use the Search Partners Network in a AdGrants account.

You are free to open another (paid) account, to display adds on the search network.

Hope this helps

Andrew

G+Community Profile

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is interesting, for my personal research. So I can have "account 1 = grants" for keyword1 which triggers searches in google.com and I can also have "account 2 = paid" for the same keyword1 which triggers searches in google.com and in the search partners sites ?

Doesn't this conflict with the double serving policy ? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adrian,

You are correct, that would be double serving.I should have been clearer in my post above, thank you.

You cannot use the same or even simular keywords in both accounts. However, you can still have two accounts, and it is best if each account supports different goals.

Here is a link to more detailed information

https://support.google.com/grants/answer/46035?hl=en&ref_topic=3500093

G+  |  Community Profile

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is what I thought, from reading the FAQs and help files.

So, when a non-profit is accepted into the Google Grants program, they lose the ability to advertise using their main keywords, on search partners.

Interesting.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@RobertCoats ?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

"So, when a non-profit is accepted into the Google Grants program, they lose the ability to advertise using their main keywords, on search partners."

Loose the ability to? No. You just cannot do it via the Grant account is all. As mentioned above you can still advertise your main keywords on search partners via a regular paid AdWords account.

How Google handles Grant accounts in regards to "double ad serving" is a bit different however. In the simplest terms, the paid account will trump the grant account in an auction if they are running the same keywords. Myself, I would set any keywords I was running on the paid account as exact match negatives in the grant account. To me this kepps things cleaner.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks @RobertCoats 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’