Guide Me
star_border

How to spend full $10000 budget?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I run an Google Grant AdWords campaign.

The two full months passed have spent $9637.10 and $9658.73.

I want to receive Grants Pro. For this I need in two months $9900.

How to ensure that I will have at least two months of $9900?

What can I do to increase my spending budget a little?

One guess: Maybe should I stop accepting Google's offerings like "Add 29 keywords"? (I suppose so, because adding new keywords may require review of new keywords by Google algorithm, and thus probably an interruption of the service. Is the fear to add new keywords a real thing or just my phobia?)

What else can I do in order to spend more than $9900/month?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: How to spend full $10000 budget?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Victor P

The strategy that works best for any AdWords advertiser will vary by each advertiser's unique situation - this is true of Ad Grant accounts as well and as you know Ad Grant accounts have unique challenges and limitations of their own such as the max bid cap on CPC of $2. While I do not advise bidding the max in all situations because the goal should be to maximize clicks and conversions instead of just spend, bidding the full max bid of $2 on all keywords can give it that extra boost to reach the $9900 spend mark.

However, the issue of missing the $9900 mark is rarely tied to the CPC. Often it is a matter of ensuring there are enough days in the month - which admittedly is out of our control. You see, you can only hit $9900 if you spend $330/day for 30 days - anything less on even a single day and you miss the mark. That is why most Grantspro applications include the spend for months that have 31 days.

With that said, you also have to look at how your account is spending on the weekends. These are typically days with lower traffic volumes so you really need to keep an eye on them.

With that said, here are three quick tips:

1. Expand keywords if it is relevant to do so. Expanding keywords and going after the "long-tail" is a common suggestion but in my opinion it is important to ensure that those keywords are relevant and mission based. This is especially true of an Ad Grant account where irrelevant keywords can result in lower quality scores which can then be detrimental to an Ad Grants account.
  2. Expand content on your website. Expanding content is a great way to increase your advertising opportunities and expand your keywords.
  3. Focus on improving the click through rate (CTR) of your current ads. This really is the #1 recommendation. Not only do you need to have a high CTR to qualify for Grantspro but by improving your CTR you will generate more clicks with the same level of impressions. A higher CTR also leads to improved quality scores which in turn could lead to higher average positions which then could lead to increased impressions. All of which creates a snowball affect to dramatically increase your spend levels.

which that is why most

however, this is rarely the true issue holdign an Ad Grant account back from 

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Upping your cost per click should do it?

- Stephen

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I think no: Upping the cost would also decrease the number of clicks.

Also upping the cost would negatively impact the number of visits I receive to my site.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
how do you figure? upping your cost per click increases your ad position, the higher in the search engines the more you will be seen and clicked. thats the point in adwords, to be higher in the search engines and pay per click, no?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I use dynamic CPC automatically optimizing for number of clicks.

If I change CPC manually, I would lose Google's automatic optimization and this would have bad impact on my campaign. I don't think this is a solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Victor P

The strategy that works best for any AdWords advertiser will vary by each advertiser's unique situation - this is true of Ad Grant accounts as well and as you know Ad Grant accounts have unique challenges and limitations of their own such as the max bid cap on CPC of $2. While I do not advise bidding the max in all situations because the goal should be to maximize clicks and conversions instead of just spend, bidding the full max bid of $2 on all keywords can give it that extra boost to reach the $9900 spend mark.

However, the issue of missing the $9900 mark is rarely tied to the CPC. Often it is a matter of ensuring there are enough days in the month - which admittedly is out of our control. You see, you can only hit $9900 if you spend $330/day for 30 days - anything less on even a single day and you miss the mark. That is why most Grantspro applications include the spend for months that have 31 days.

With that said, you also have to look at how your account is spending on the weekends. These are typically days with lower traffic volumes so you really need to keep an eye on them.

With that said, here are three quick tips:

1. Expand keywords if it is relevant to do so. Expanding keywords and going after the "long-tail" is a common suggestion but in my opinion it is important to ensure that those keywords are relevant and mission based. This is especially true of an Ad Grant account where irrelevant keywords can result in lower quality scores which can then be detrimental to an Ad Grants account.
  2. Expand content on your website. Expanding content is a great way to increase your advertising opportunities and expand your keywords.
  3. Focus on improving the click through rate (CTR) of your current ads. This really is the #1 recommendation. Not only do you need to have a high CTR to qualify for Grantspro but by improving your CTR you will generate more clicks with the same level of impressions. A higher CTR also leads to improved quality scores which in turn could lead to higher average positions which then could lead to increased impressions. All of which creates a snowball affect to dramatically increase your spend levels.

which that is why most

however, this is rarely the true issue holdign an Ad Grant account back from 

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Go into your campaign and look under your Settings tab and click the little "+ box" next to Advanced Settings. If you select "Accelerated" your keywords will be entered into every auction instead of Google possibly pacing your visibility and you losing out on clicks.

One question I have is about your Impression Share...are you at 100%? If so, you need to work on the ad copy in order to increase your CTR as there are no more potential impressions for the keywords you currently have.

With regard to adding the keywords Google suggests, I would say continue to do so IF and only IF they make sense to your campaign. I generally find about 5 - 10% of the suggested keywords to be relevant to the campaign.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Go into your campaign and look under your Settings tab and click the little "+ box" next to Advanced Settings. If you select "Accelerated" your keywords will be entered into every auction instead of Google possibly pacing your visibility and you losing out on clicks.

I see not "Accelerated" there. There are six pluses:

• Schedule: Start date, end date, ad scheduling
  • Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping
  • Experiment
  • IP exclusions
  • Dynamic Search Ads
  • Campaign URL options (advanced)

and none of them has "Accelerated".

One question I have is about your Impression Share...are you at 100%? If so, you need to work on the ad copy in order to increase your CTR as there are no more potential impressions for the keywords you currently have.

My "Search impression share" is < 10%. However, I do not know what this means. Neither I know what to do with this data.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner

Hi Victor,
Sorry for the confusion on the Accelerated information. That is actually located just above the Advanced Settings and is called Delivery Settings.  Here is a screen shot.

Capture.PNG

As for your Impression Share, that means that you are only visible for less than 10% of all searches that your keywords match up with.  That means that you are missing out on at least 90% of the traffic out there.  The Delivery Method setting may allow you to be more visible, however, you may need to adjust your bids slightly higher in order to capture that visibility...I know you are afraid of losing out on as many clicks as you said to one of the other posters earlier, however whether or not you are actually eligible for the auction depends on your ad rank which is 1/2 bid and 1/2 quality score.  The quickest and easiest way to increase your ad rank is to increase bids.  This will, in the short term, improve your ad rank and make you eligible for more impressions while you work on your account segmentation and ad copy in order to improve your quality scores.

Here is a link for more info on Quality Score - https://goo.gl/QSSGbG and Ad Rank - https://goo.gl/CRttzp

How to spend full $10000 budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a grace period for Google Grant. Just started mine and I'm barely spending anything this first few weeks.