AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How does the billing for Google Grants work?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

***This question was copied from the Google Grants Product Forum***

Question:

I have everything set up just like the instructions said. Max CPC is set to $2.00, search network only, etc. I have the campaign created, ad group and keywords along with the ad being attached to a landing page. It will let me make the campaign active, but I have it paused right now. I use Adwords on the "paying" side..so I am curious how the grants part works? There is "NO" credit card information in our billing details, I don't want to turn this campaign on and have a bill at the end of the month?? Does it just add up the amount of our clicks and then you guys go in and do something? I don't see a credit or anything?? Thank you for any information you can give me on this!

Response: 

You are correct. Do not add billing information. If you add billing info Google will be sure to charge you.

Even though your Adwords account doesn't show a credit, as long as you have given the correct account number to Google the money will be taken out of your $10,000 a month grant. Also, make sure you don't spend more than $330 a day (which is approximately $10,000 a month).

Something else I found helpful was this account creation guide by Google https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1689506?hl=en

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How does the billing for Google Grants work?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for this, Shanea!