AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How do I know for sure that I'm in Google Grants AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've used adwords for other businesses in the past, and I've set up Google for Nonprofits, but I want to make absolutely certain that the $1400 I've budgeted are Google Grants dollars, not my dollars. Also, I keep getting the big red error bar reading 

Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. Fix it Learn more
 and I'd like to know for certain that that is one of the messages you're supposed to ignore for grants? Please help; my ad goes live in 24 hours and I don't want to be on the hook for a marketing budget that big!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I know for sure that I'm in Google Grants AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You have set up Google for Nonprofits programme but are you certain that you've applied and been successful in receiving a Google Grant?

There are a number of steps to take into consideration when applying for the grant:

• You need to set your currency to USD, regardless of your location. As the Google Ad Grant is in USD, the currency settings need to match. Currency setting cannot be changed once they have been set, so it is important that you get this step right first time.
  • It is important that you ignore any prompts to enter billing information as the Google Ad Grant cannot be given to accounts with billing information added.
  • You will need to set up at least one campaign, one active unpaused ad, and at least one keyword in order to be considered eligible. Your campaign must be set to the Search Network only, and the destination URL for your ad must be a location on your charities site.

Once your AdWords account satisfies all the criteria, log into your Google for Non-Profits account, and under My Organisations > Enrolments, click ‘Enrol for Google Ad Grants’. It can take 30 days from submission for your application to be accepted.

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jen L

If you enter in billing information, then yes, you will be responsible for any charges incurred. However, if you followed the steps in Account Creation Guide, then that should not be a problem.

Once your AdWords account is created, you still need to enroll in Ad Grants and submit your AdWords account for review.

• Sign in to your Google for Nonprofits account.
    Make sure to sign in using your Google for Nonprofits administrator account which is the account that you used when you first applied for Google for Nonprofits. It may be different than the account you used to create your Google Ad Grants account which you’re enrolling.
  • Click the ‘Sign up now’ button.
  • Click the ‘Enroll’ button beneath Google Ad Grants.
  • Confirm that your AdWords account is configured correctly If you followed the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it should be but here is your chance to double check before submitting.
  • Enter the customer ID of the AdWords account you created in the form field and complete the form.
  • Click ‘Enroll’.

Once you have properly enrolled, then the red message bar will go away.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't enter billing information, but Google pulled it from when we signed up to be an app developer. (We have a free app for caregivers to download and we got an email saying we were accepted in the ad grants program. I wear many hats at the organization and I do everything related to online, apps, websites, ads, etc.) How do I get it out of there? CaregiversMatter.org is our website and the Caregivers Matter app is in the Android app store. We want people to download the free app to help them with their duties. 

And it shows we have been approved for the grants. 

grants.png

Thanks for any help with this.

Best,

Katherine