AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How do I fix a suspended account that was fraudulently set-up for my organization?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a google non-profit account for my organization. I was not the original admin on the account and had to request access. In the end, admin access was given to me and terminated from the other person as they failed to reply to google's email. Once I was in the non-profit account, it showed that Ad Grants had been approved. So I set-up an Adwords Account but long story short, apparently someone had already set my organization up with an Ad Words account. After working with google for over two weeks, I finally gained access to the AdWords account associated with the Ad Grants and my organization.

Yesterday, upon getting into the AdWords account. I discovered the person who was an Admin has never been associated with my organization and apparently had fraudulently set-up the account. Tried to run a campaign and ads but ended up getting the account suspended due to violations of policy.

So I deleted the user, deleted the campaign, and filed an appeal. I get an email from Google AdWords saying they are looking into the situation and will get back to me. About 15 minutes later, I get another generic email just saying my account is suspended. Whenever I inquire how to fix this since it wasn't my organization, google just keeps giving me the generic suspension email.

Tried calling since I'm not getting a response on email, and apparently Google won't talk to a suspended account holder over the phone. Smiley Sad

So now I have no clue what to do to get my account up and working since I've explained all this to them and they just telling me that my account is suspended and how to file an appeal - which I've already done and gotten no where.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How do I fix a suspended account that was fraudulently set-up for my organization?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Whitney L

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.