AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change administrator for our Google Grant?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - my organization has recently hired someone new to administer our Google Grant, but we do not have the password or login information to act as an administrator.  Can anyone point me to the right resource for this information?

Thanks,

EA

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric A
September 2015

Re: How do I change administrator for our Google Grant?

Top Contributor
# 17
Top Contributor
Hi +Eric A,
The Grants team has reported back that the AdWords account has been activated and that the G4NP admin application should have been approved. Looks like you are good to go!

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach back out.

All the best,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 20
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,
Since a new account had to be created, it is a standard Grants account and you would have to meet the eligibility requirements with the new account for it to become a GrantsPro account.

GrantsPro eligibility can be found here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6022748?hl=en

Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you would be able to apply for GrantsPro again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 22
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,
I am glad to help.

You should have some reports form your old administrator that show the keywords and ads that were being used. With these, you should be able to effectively determine what was and what was not working with the old account and apply that knowledge to the new account.

This should help you to ramp up back up to a level to qualify your account for GrantsPro.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eric,

Here is the information you need:

Recovering a forgotten username or password

If you've forgotten your username or password, you can use the Google Account troubleshooter to help recover it.

If the previous account owner has left your company

If someone who used to run your AdWords account has left and you no longer can access your AdWords account, fill out the lost account form. In order to establish that you are the owner of the account, we'll ask for certain details, such as your latest payment information or the AdWords customer ID.

Further information about account access can be found here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1722062?hl=en

If you need additional assistance, let me know.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert - thank you for this information. While it is very helpful, I am still stuck. We have had an outside agency managing this grant for us, and starting this fiscal year we plan to manage it internally. However, the agency who has been managing our account for us is refusing to provide us with login information. I am new to my position (12 months ago) and no one here seems to know much about this grant. It is ours - but I am stuck as to how to get this access.

The form that you directed me to is asking for the following info that I do not know:

Adwords customer ID
Display url of one of our ads (I am not sure what this is)
Sample key-words from a campaign - I can probably guess these
Last login date - hard to know as I think our administrator has been lax over the past few months
when account was created.

Any suggestions? Is there someone I can speak to live?

Thanks - Eric

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Eric,
Rest assured, you are in the right place. I am escalating this for you. Is the account for upwithpeople?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert - THANK YOU for your help. Yes, the account is for Up with People. The previous administrator was contracted to administer the grant on our behalf.

Thanks again - let me know if I can provide additional info,

Eric

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Eric,
OK - got it. Please edit your two posts above to remove personally identifiable information for both your organization and the agency. I will forward to the Grants team and see about next steps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert - and thanks for the tips as well about my posts. Clearly I am a rookie at this stuff...

Best,

Eric

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Eric,
This is a unique situation and the best option is to take over management of the existing account, however, since that does not seem to be an option, the Ad Grants team has recommended that you create a new account (being sure to follow the Account Creation Guidelines) and that they can disable the other account.

Once you have the new account created, send me the Customer ID number of the new account and I will send it to the Grants team and they can activate the new account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

Thanks for this info. I will give this a shot this afternoon and get you the appropriate information. Should I post the new Customer ID using this method of communication, or use a more private method?

Thanks,

Eric

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert - apologies for the delay. The new account Customer ID is: [edited]. Let me know what to do next, and have a great weekend!

Eric