AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

How can I confirm my Ad Grants and Google For Nonprofits accounts are properly linked?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our AdGrants account was created AFTER our Google for Nonprofits account, so they were linked right from the start. However, I'm stilll getting regular warnings that the account will be deactivated, including this one right now in AdWords "Action Required: Enroll this Ad Grants account in Google For Nonprofits by April 30 to avoid deactivation. Visit Google for Nonprofit to get started."

I can't "get started" since I already have a G4NP account with an "Approved" Google Ad Grants.

(We already recreated our AdWords account once, since the original one was set up pre-Ad Grant. We have no AdWords expertise in-house so I really hope I don't have to figure out how to set this up yet again.)

This isn't the same as the billing issue some people have (we already had that with our first AdWords account). Under "How you pay" our account says "This account is not billed".

Can I safely ignore all the warnings about deactivation?

Thanks!!

julie

How can I confirm my Ad Grants and Google For Nonprofits accounts are properly linked?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For anyone who has a similar problem, it turns out the Ad Grants was properly set up for the new AdWords account (we're getting our free ad benefit), however, the old AdWords account number was still associated with our Google for Nonprofits account. There is no way for a user to see this - the Google Ad Grants support person figured it out somehow.

This looks like a problem on the Google side with how it was set up, since our original AdWords account was not eligible for Ad Grants due to the fact it already had a payment method (per the support person at the time, also per the documentation for setting up Ad Grants). We were required to set up the new AdWords account in order to even apply for Ad Grants (which was done using the Google for Nonprofits interface).

Hopefully this new Google Grants support person can get it sorted out. I will be really unhappy if I have to set up yet another Google AdWords account to get this working properly (especially if I have to completely delete the other ones in order to make sure it's not messed up again - I had to use the old one as a reference).

tl;dr - do not ignore the warnings about deactivation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay confirmed