AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Help with Grant application

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

We have had our application to Google Grants denied. We have been through the eligibility document and met all criteria bar being registered with the charity commission.

We are however a registered society No  22829R under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 and registered with the FCA with charitable status confirmed by its tax exemption from HMRC for being established for charitable purposes only. 

I've tried to contact Grants, but the number given onsite is for AdWords commercial who won't talk to me. Any ideas of how to approach Google Grants on this would be most appreciated.

Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with Grant application

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Hugh,

is supposed that there are 2 reason forbeing denied in Grants. It can be because you are not able to confirm your registration as a charity society, that doesn't seems like it, or that you haven't fill all the parametres as needed on the adWords first campaign.
Remeber that the budget should be 329$ and only this currency, max CPC is 2$ and your campaign is shetting is "Search".
If everything is fine, I would advice you to make your application re-evaluated. Shouldn't be any problem if you are officially registered.

Try to contact again with AdWords support with this issue, they should help you and check what's going on.
Good luck! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Maite.

I've contacted AdWords support and they refuse to talk about Grants! Very annoying.

I had not set up our AdWords account before applying - I will set one up and try again.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You are welcome, Hugh.
Take into account that, once you set up the account and send the application, it can take up to 30 days to activate it because they need to check it before approve.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - I can't get past the billing information section of account setup. Although Google say ignore requests for payment you can't continue without adding card information.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You should have a link saying: "Set up billing later."

Here is explained spet by step: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689541?hl=en
You are now in the 2nd one.
There you also have a very intuitive video to set up this kind of accounts.

Hope will be easier for you this way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi - this doesn't show on my account - there is no option to set billing later! So frustrating.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Seems the directions are right, but when I tried it, I had the same problem you have. Even if the support says:

grant.jpg

Let's wait if anybody else in the community had the same issue or can help anyhow.
Good luck! Woman Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

I've spent almost all day trying to talk to someone in Google about our
application and the fact we are a charity but not listed in the
commission's database. The only answer I get its to email them, and then
nobody is able to supply me with an email address!

Pathetic!

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove sensitive information. This is done to protect privacy and account security.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Here the email or contact details:

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove the first of two screenshots, which included sensitive account information. This is done to protect privacy and account security. Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having obscured account ID and email address.

4.jpg

The phone/chat/email support has always been very nice and helpful with me. So, in your case I would try again.

Here a post with a similar issue, at least related with grant. Maybe if you mention Mini in the community, she can help you with the one you have:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Grants/Why-have-we-been-denied-an-adgrant/td-p/427916

Smiley Wink