Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed with google non profit application

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in a unique situation. The way our club works is that we are under a school's tax id. I tried to submit the application but was instantly denied.

Chaffey Joint Union School District is the tax id we use, but we are a DBA under that for the wrestling team boosters. We have a letter stating this, but there is no way to get it to the proper people at google, since there is no way to call or send an email from what I could find.

Here's what the school district gave me to use. Please help.

[Edited]

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove private information, per our Community Posting Guidelines. This is done in order to protect privacy and/or account security.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author EHS W
September 2015

Re: Help needed with google non profit application

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi EHS W,
Unfortunately, schools are not eligible for the program. Neither are fiscally sponsored programs which appears you may fall under.

The following help files will provide addition information:

Once you are set up as your own independent 501(C)(3) program you are encouraged to re-apply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I have been applying for the Google for Non-profits for the past 45 days and I am getting the same error again and again.

Rejected:
Unfortunately, we were not able to verify your organization's charity status. For help, click here.

We have a tax-exempt status from IRS under 501 (c) (3). I am ready to send the copy of the letter. But there is no way to contact any one in Google Non-profits.
I tried every possible link for contacting support and all of them ask for PIN which is not granted until accepted.

Please Help Me.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

thank you

< Edited by a Community Manager to remove self-promotional content, per Community Guidelines. >

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@steve n
This user-to-user community is not intended as a place for members to solicit business by promoting their products or services, even if they are AdWords-related. (Your profile is your dedicated space to include any information you wish to share with others, so feel free to use it.) Please don’t post replies that solicit business.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Tamil C

There are several reasons why a nonprofit might be rejected for the Google for Nonprofits (G4NP) program typically it is because the organization does not meet the listed eligibility requirements.

Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:

• Governmental entities and organizations.
  • Hospitals and health care organizations.
  • Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible).

Please let me know the NTEE category code that your nonprofit is listed under and I can certainly see if this applies to your situation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay in responding. Our non-profit details are as below: TAMIL CHAIR INC Employer Identification Number: 47-5021758 Effective Date of Tax Exemption (501 c 3) is September 2, 2015 Public Charity Status: 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)