6.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed with google non profit application please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help,  I keep applying for the Google for Nonprofits and keep getting the "Application denied  Unfortunately, we were not able to verify your organization's charity status. For help, click here." message.  We are an IRS recognized 501c3 status nonprofit.  I have even checked the IRS website to ensure that we have been added to the website.   P{lease help 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help needed with google non profit application please

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

I moved this post into the Ad Grants category for you where I hope you'll be better able to get the information you're looking for.

Also, this thread may have some useful information for you: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Grants/Unable-to-get-through-Google-for-Nonprofits-applic...

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @J E D

The link that @PPCBossman provided is certainly a good one to show the variety of issues that could cause this and also the importance of being listed in the Guidestar database. Can you verify that your organization is listed there? If so, can you provide a link to your profile there. That typically turns up the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is the link, http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/46-2813705/becoming-one-community-foundation.aspx . It is still denying me the google nonprofits access

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Your profile did not show any NTEE category codes listed for your nonprofit. This is most likely the issue since some NTEE codes are ineligible for Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) and missing NTEE codes will result in a denied application as well.

What you will want to do is update your Guidestar profile to include NTEE codes. Also, be sure to also include your website address in your Guidesstar profile and other information. As with most systems a more complete profile is simply just more beneficial.

Once you have updated your Guidestar profile, it will take about 24-48 hours to publish the updates. Once your updates are published, feel free to reapply to G4NP. Just be sure your updates have published however because if they haven't you will be denied again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you and will do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay they are still not accepting me, the process has become quite grueling and I am on the IRS website as well as the Guidestar.org website. Is there a contact number or email for Google. It seems that the website is unable to verify my status in under a minute, so I am thinking that it is not checking for NTEE codes in that length of time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am still not getting approved . It is still stating that I am unavailable on the IRS website. I am listed on both the IRS and Guidestar.org websites. I have 501c3 documentation. Is there a way that I could contact Google for Nonprofits and state my case. Obviously, there must be some type of glitch in the website. Thank you for any type of assistance that you can provide. Here are the links: http://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/pub78Search.do?ein1=46-2813705&names=&city=&state=All...&country=US&dedu... and http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/46-2813705/becoming-one-community-foundation.aspx

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@J E D Your application is being re-reviewed.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@J E D - @James D

Good news.. you should be approved now!