AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed with google non profit application please!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been trying to apply for google non profit so I can apply for an Ad grant for the charity I work at.

I've applied twice now and both times I've got the following refusal reason:

"Unfortunately, your organisation's primary mission did not meet our eligibility policy"

I followed the help process on the website and do not understand why we do not meet the eligibility policy as a I cannot see where I'm going wrong:

1.  We are based in England

2. We are registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (1142874)

3. We are not a governmental entity or organisation, hospital or health care, or a school or education organisation.

4. We have an active website

- please can you help me find out why I keep getting told we are not eligible??

I have found it extremely difficult to find an email address or phone number to contact about this issue - to email I need to already be registered in the non profit programme (won't let me) and I called the Ad words team which was the only number I could find by following the logical help path through your website:

reapply to google non profits > contact us > google ad words and ad grants help > ad grants help centre > trouble shooting and support > contact the ads word team

... when I contacted the ad words team I was bluntly told that they do not deal with non profits or add grants. And was offered no alternative point of contact when requested.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me out with some advice as I feel extremely dishartened and frustrated by the registration process, the help information and guidlines availabe, and my inability to contact a real person about my issue. 

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah

Social Impact Analysts Association (www.siaassociation.org)

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help needed with google non profit application please!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah,
Sorry to hear about the experience you had with the contact form. Rest assured, I am looking into this for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Brill,

thank you for your prompt response Robert!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've had exactly the same experience Sarah. Application denied despite fitting the eligibility criteria and phoned AdWords to no avail. Have you managed to find a solution?

Thanks
Isabella

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately not managed to find a solution!

I've read quite a few posts from people with the same/ very similar problems. It's such a shame/ very poor customer service that it's so difficult to contact someone from the non profit team to support us - should be a lot easier than it is!

I'll let you know if I ever work it out, please let me know if you do too!

Sarah

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sarah

I kept on re-submitting the application, and then used this form (http://www.google.co.uk/nonprofits/join) to appeal, and it was granted on Friday!!

Do try that, and see if it works for you too.

Thanks
Isabella

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Isabella,

That's great that you finally got accepted! I tried to click on the link you sent but just got an error 404 message. Would you mind sending me think directly to my email sarah.bailey@siaassociation.org to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks a lot for your help

Sarah

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah,
The link is: http://www.google.co.uk/nonprofits/join/
The one that Isabella provided up above had a ) formatted on the end so it didn't work. I assume, however, that is the link you used to originally apply correct?

I am re-escalating this to see if I can get a response on this one. However responses on denials are typically not forthcoming due to the following policy:

"Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sarah

Apologies - i sent the email too fast - here is the link I meant to send: https://support.google.com/nonprofits/contact/request_501c3

Hope that helps
Isabella

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Isabella,
We appreciate your participation in the forums but we do ask that you change your signature since it falls into the realm of self promotion which is against our community guidelines.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Rules

Thank for understanding but most of all, thank you for your contribution to the forum.