AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Help needed with Google non-profit AdWord applicatio​n please :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I've been trying to apply for Google Non Profit so I can apply for an AdWord grant for the CSDST, a charity I'm currently volunteering for. I've applied twice now and both times I've got the following refusal reason:

"Your organisation's primary mission, as recorded by the Charity Commission for England and Wales, did not meet our eligibility guidelines."

I followed the help process on the website and cannot see why we do not meet the eligibility policy as a Non Profit:

1. We are based in England

2. We are registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (1142135)

3. We are not a governmental entity or organisation, hospital or health care, or a school or education organisation. (We provide sports training for disabled ex-forces/veterans so I can see how it might sound either government or health care but it's definitely separate from both, in fact it's kind of the point of the charity!)

4. We have an active website. The link I tried to register is for our justgiving fundraising page as all adwords have to point to the registered address and I wanted to take out as many 'middle' steps as possible, but the main csdst.co.uk website is clearly the recipient of this page and I don't think this is the reason why we were rejected)

Please can you help me find out why I keep getting told we are ineligible??

I have not been able to find a person to phone about this who can help and am not sure who would be empowered to help (the AdWords main number did not resolve the problem), I would be most grateful if anyone could help me out with some advice as I seem to have hit a brick wall here!

Many thanks for any assistance you can give Smiley Happy

John (Combined Services Disabled Ski Team (https://www.justgiving.com/RideofThrones))

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help needed with Google non-profit AdWord applicatio​n please :)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,

The issue is you have affiliate ads on your website. This Is not allowed in the G4NP and Ad Grants programs.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also, you cannot promote a third-party site. Justgiving is a third-party site. You may ONLY promote your organizations domain and only ONE domain.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah okay. So it's the sites I'm trying to link to, not the eligibility of the charity, that has caused the problem. Thanks for your advice.

John

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi John S,

Most likely, yes.